What is the Department of Revenue (DOR)?
In Florida, this department oversees General Tax Administration, as well as other programs such as Child Support Program and Property Tax Oversight.
What is an Unemployment Insurance Number?
An Unemployment Insurance (UI) Number is currently known as the Reemployment Tax Account Number in Florida. Florida businesses with employees are required to register for one.
Do I need an Unemployment Insurance Number to Register on the Employ Florida online site?
No, it’s optional. However, businesses in Florida that have staff must register for an Unemployment Insurance. The link to do so is here.
Am I required to ENROLL for an Unemployment Insurance / Reemployment Taxes as an Employer?
Florida’s Department of Revenue states the following:
A new business must report its initial employment in the month following the calendar quarter in which employment begins.
An employer is liable to pay reemployment tax if it meets any of the following conditions:
- At least one quarterly payroll totaling $1,500 or more (including wages for both full and part-time employees) in a calendar year.
- One or more employees for a day (or portion of a day) during any 20 weeks in a calendar year.
- Nonprofit organization as defined in Section 3306(c)(8) of the Federal Unemployment Tax Act and Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and four or more employees for a day (or portion of a day) during any 20 weeks in a calendar year.
- Agricultural employer with five or more workers for a day (or portion of a day) during any 20 weeks in a calendar year, or a $10,000 cash payroll in any calendar quarter.
- Private home or college club that paid $1,000 cash in a quarter for domestic services in a calendar year.
- All or part of a liable business purchased, or the combination of existing payroll/employment and that of the business purchased meets the liability criteria.
- Liable for federal unemployment tax.
- Previously liable for reemployment tax in the State of Florida.
- State, county, city, or joint governmental unit.
- Indian tribe or tribal unit.
What’s the link to ENROLL for an Unemployment Insurance Number?
Why can’t PERM-Ads.com ENROLL my business for an Unemployment Insurance Number / Reemployment Tax for me?
Our firm specializes in primarily pricing and placing ads for PERM Labor Certification recruitment purposes, and while SWA Job Orders are part of the mandatory recruitment, assisting firms with Registering a Employ Florida Online account is the limit of our services.
Registering your firm for Unemployment Tax Insurance or any other State-run program is beyond the scope of our expertise, training or authority.
It’s a job best done by your company ownership in collaboration it’s accounting staff.
We’ve gone the extra mile in providing this FAQ just to aim you in the right direction.